2024 Please be nice
SMAP XV: Closure Read it now at Tapas
SMAP 15th Anniversary A look back of my proudest work
Chronicle: Earth Union is back !!
Celoteh 'O first episode

Iron Man 3 review SPOILER ALERT !!

Marvel finally kicked off their phase 2 with the release of Iron Man 3. Was it a hit or a miss for Marvel ? Read my verdict here and if you haven't watch it, MAJOR SPOILER ALERT !!


 I usually rate how much I enjoy a movie by the amount of pop corn left by the end of the movie except during fasting month. I had a quarter of my pop corn at the end of Wreck-It-Ralph and I finish all my pop corn halfway of Tron Legacy. For Iron Man 3, I finish all my pop corn as the credit roll which mean the story is just nice, but not great.

There are few frustration that I had take while watching the movie like the fact that The Mandarin was just an actor that act as the face of Aldrich Killian's evil doing. For me this twist is worse that the one done in The Dark Knight Rises. At least Bane is still a true villain inside the story. Turning Iron Man most recognize nemesis into simply a puppet is totally gonna made fan-boys go havoc.

I don't know if Marvel is trying to conclude Robert Downey Jr. arc of Iron Man or they had no idea how to end this movie but I totally didn't like the ending. Come on, how can a guy who always full of himself finally end up destroying all of his armors and he remove his chest plate (WTF?). That chest plate is what defined Tony Stark, to remove that is like to not feature Alfred in a batman movie !! It was a good conclusion for a trilogy but not for Iron Man. 

Robert Downey Jr. is simply great as Tony Stark. The fact this might be the last time he appear as the titular character may hurt Marvel in the future for he is the face of Marvel Cinematic Universe. Don Cheadle's characters is totally expand in this movie in fact he had some of the best screen time alongside RDJ and their friendship is more explored in this movie which is a kudos to the director. Gwyneth Paltrow delivers a usual charm as Pepper Pott though the final battle scene was sort of out of her character which is like how Tony said, "You are making the creep out of me,". The villain on the other hand hurt badly as all three; The Mandarin, Aldrich Killian and Maya Hansen lack of screen time and development. It could have better especially for The Mandarin. For God sake, I want a better one in the future movie !!

Overall Iron Man 3 was a pretty good start for MCU as they primarily focus on non comic book reader. But, fan-boys will most probably worried to see how Iron Man 3 is shaped right now. Iron Man 3 was a good movie but not as good as I was expected. For that, I gave 3.5 stars to it.

What do you think of Iron Man 3? Was it good or was it bad as hell ? Sound off your thought at the comment section. Stay tuned for more update from us and don't forget to be a fan of Comikrew Studio !!

Comments

  1. Nice review. Not better than the first, but sure as hell better than the second. That’s for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog