2024 Please be nice
SMAP XV: Closure Read it now at Tapas
SMAP 15th Anniversary A look back of my proudest work
Chronicle: Earth Union is back !!
Celoteh 'O first episode

2024... Please be nice

 


It's 2024 !! And with that comes a lot of thing to look forward to. It is the same case with Comikrew Studio. Hit the jump for the plan that's been laid out for this year with the hope this year will be a lot nicer to me. 

2023 has been eventful. I start off strong but then went downhill due to career restriction as well as hardware issue. Of course, I made a comeback (again) with SMAP 15th Anniversary celebration and its  following one-shot; Closure. 

So, how's 2024? Well, this would be the first year I have a proper one year plan back after my long hiatus. But one thing that I want to focus more this year is to be in a more positive headspace. To be quite honest, I was in a quite negative headspace for the past few months. So, while I have this plan laid out, I know the only way I can commit to me is to have a more positive headspace.

First off, I launched my own Ko-Fi shop. This is where a place where I hope to gain my support for my artwork. I will also use this to release an exclusive materials. One of it will be the compiled version of my artwork for SMAP: XV as well as a remastered version of Chronicle. As time goes on, I hope to release exclusive comic there as well.

My ko-fi shop

 Secondly, January will see the released of Ratna Reunion. Expected to be released around mid-January, this will be the continuation of The Lady from Caravan Alley. Initially, it was meant to be last year Ramadhan/Raya special but I couldn't manage to complete it. So in the end, I repurpose it as a special one-shot. 

  

Ratna Reunion promo art

In February, I hope to finally make my comeback to CKOM. I joined three of its incarnation; CKOM 2,3, and 4, before went into hiatus. Last year I tried to compete with its theme of school but again I couldn't complete it. For this year, I'm already in the middle of pre-production and hopefully kicking off production this month. So be sure to stay tuned for my 'zombie' themed comic (hopefully)

CKOM9 promo art

 For March and April, I will take a temporary hiatus as it is the month of Ramadhan and Syawal. There is unfortunately no special title this year as I want to focus more of what will arrived after that which is the return of Chronicle. 

Chronicle: Brotherhood Begins will kicked off in May with a total of 7 chapters. Brotherhood Begins will be another intermission that will focus on the incident that will eventually formed Pirate Brotherhood. It will also explore the reason why Amir Al-Khain betrayed Central Military that lead to the finale of Earth Union.

In August, after the conclusion of Brotherhood Begins, we will see the release of another one-shot; The Candle Prince, this is a fun one-shot that I did last year and hopefully could release it this year. It was the first comic I did after I took a short rest this year.

Now for September onwards, it is a bit unsure due to family development this year, however, if everything goes well, this will see the release of the next arc for Chronicle; Earth part one. Consist of 6 chapter, this will be the follow up of Earth Union and explore the aftermath of the previous arc. One thing that should excite you is that this will marked the return of The Demon's Son himself. 

With that, we reach to December. December will be a special month for me because it's the 20th year anniversary of Budak Kampung; my first ever work. The beginning of the month, I might release some special artwork. It is then followed with a 4-issues miniseries titled Takhta aka Throne. Takhta will tell the story of the power struggle within N-Vek that will conclude with the reveal of the new CEO of the company. The first two issue will be released in December followed with another two in next year January.

First tease of Takhta 

Huge plan is it ? I hope this will work well for me as I'm trying to undergo a transition period this year as well. And I appreciate all the support that I hope to get this year. The long hiatus I think hurt me as an indie artist, so this comeback effort took more time that I expected.

What do you think of the plan? Be sure to sound off your thought in the comment section. Don't forget to like or follow Comikrew Studio right here or on Facebook. If you want to support me at the amount as low as $1, please visit my ko-fi shop. Don't forget to subscribe to my comic on Tapas and finally be sure to follow and hit me up on Twitter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog